Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Very good  

Roy khan
(@roy-khan)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

No award for Terry Gajraj. Hindu woman dancing up like their heads mad and pushing out their flat behinds during Mash does not deserve an award. Although I would like to see that the late Mighty Enchanter get an award from the government for his contribution to Bagan singing.

This topic was modified 1 year ago by Roy khan

Roy Khan

Sojourner
(@sojourner)
Famed Member

Posted by: @roy-khan

No award for Terry Gajraj. Hindu woman dancing up like their heads mad and pushing out their flat behinds during Mash does not deserve an award. Although I would like to see that the late Mighty Enchanter get an award from the government for his contribution to Bagan singing.

Never been to MASH. From what I gather it is only sport up and wine down. MASH was created after I left Guyana.

ReplyQuote
Sojourner
(@sojourner)
Famed Member

Terry Gajraj is an entertainer. He makes money off the coolie people. The dancing coolie women who behave vulgar disrespect themselves and their families. You can't stop them.

ReplyQuote
Roy khan
(@roy-khan)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I have been to many Mighty Enchanter performances back in the day. Many East Indian women were there but I never saw one East Indian woman wine up, bend over and stick her flat behind in the air. 

Roy Khan

ReplyQuote
D2.
 D2.
(@d2)
Famed Member

I was a class above him in school. He does what he does well. Eddie grant Has taken us further musically than most and I doubt the PPP give him an award either. They actually were so obstructive to his business ne went to Barbados. There he runs the largest sound studio in the region,

This post was modified 1 year ago by D2.

ReplyQuote
Ray
 Ray
(@raymondo)
Member Admin

@d2

was it obstructive or Guyana just did not have the ability

ReplyQuote
velutha kuttapen
(@velutha-kuttapen)
Noble Member

Guyana is diverse culture. And just listening to the guests on the Freddie and Gildhari show exposes how lacking an Indo government is. There is an ignorance on their part. Presently, the government only focuses on hotels and oil, the poverty can be ignored. Most definitely, culture for the PPP is cricket and chutney. Theatre Guilds and the Cultural Center is not their fancy, even though those who administer these places have engaged the government with no actions on behalf the PPP.  

ReplyQuote
Pandit
(@pandit)
Famed Member

THE PPP IS THE GREATEST GOVT EVEN ON THIS PLANET. THE WORLD BANK, IMF AND EUROPEAN UNION ARE SAYING SO. TO THE NINCOMPOOPS, DOG CATCHERS AND SEWER DWELLERS ' KER AL SKONT DAHSIDE"

ReplyQuote
Bunta
(@bunta)
Noble Member

Posted by: @d2

I was a class above him in school. He does what he does well. Eddie grant Has taken us further musically than most and I doubt the PPP give him an award either. They actually were so obstructive to his business ne went to Barbados. There he runs the largest sound studio in the region,

I expected some clown would throw in eddy grant.  We eddy grant did well for himself. None of his music was a celebration of anything Guyana. Even his sound studio was built in Barbados.  As for Terry gajraj, it was all about Guyana and in particular, indo Guyanese.  None of his music was geared to an international audience so he stand nothing to gain from it. 

The PPP, in tripping over themselves to show inclusiveness, will throw a big jamboree for any black artiste but neglect their own. 

Terry Gajraj should be given a lifetime award for his contribution to the indo Guyanese music scene. 

ReplyQuote
Bunta
(@bunta)
Noble Member

Posted by: @pandit

THE PPP IS THE GREATEST GOVT EVEN ON THIS PLANET. THE WORLD BANK, IMF AND EUROPEAN UNION ARE SAYING SO. TO THE NINCOMPOOPS, DOG CATCHERS AND SEWER DWELLERS ' KER AL SKONT DAHSIDE"

Banna you prapa bad. 

ReplyQuote
D2.
 D2.
(@d2)
Famed Member

Posted by: @raymondo

@d2

was it obstructive or Guyana just did not have the ability

He claimed they made it difficult for him. I do not know how but he said it was either fail or move and he moved.

This post was modified 1 year ago by D2.

ReplyQuote
D2.
 D2.
(@d2)
Famed Member

Posted by: @bunta
Posted by: @d2

I expected some clown would throw in eddy grant.  We eddy grant did well for himself. None of his music was a celebration of anything Guyana. Even his sound studio was built in Barbados.  As for Terry gajraj, it was all about Guyana and in particular, indo Guyanese.  None of his music was geared to an international audience so he stand nothing to gain from it. 

The PPP, in tripping over themselves to show inclusiveness, will throw a big jamboree for any black artiste but neglect their own. 

Terry Gajraj should be given a lifetime award for his contribution to the indo Guyanese music scene. 

Does the great bands, the Eagles, zeppelin, Perl Jam "celebrate" America? They celebrate music and life as music if good is universal. Terry sings  Guyanese folk ie Chutney as such he directly reference the state. The world knows  Eddie And Terry for who they are....Guyanese. 

If the PPP wants to celebrate Guyanese art they should. It is a worthy thing to do ...rather a necessary thing to do to generate the symbols and sentiment of nationalism but it must be global not pick and choose. Art is about life and the content is not valued merely because it has a nationalistic point of view but because it is great art.

ReplyQuote
Share: