Clear all

How is your portfolio  

Page 2 / 3

Sojourner
(@sojourner)
Famed Member

Posted by: @darkness
Posted by: @nero-prakash

So investors rightfully wonder whether the stock market is rigged. Technically, the answer is of course, not, the stock market is not rigged but there are some real disadvantages that you will need to overcome to be successful small investors.

Disadvantages of investing in stocks Stocks have some distinct disadvantages of which individual investors should be aware: Stock prices are risky and volatile. Prices can be erratic, rising and declining quickly, often in relation to companies' policies, which individual investors do not influence.

You really need to stop plagerizing! Post the damn source or else you could get this site in trouble:

Source

He wants to portray to the rest of us that he is smart. The man is a plagiarist. Wonder if that's how he got by in school. I would not say college because I don't think he would have made it there.

ReplyQuote
Darkness
(@darkness)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Investment is a funny thing, at the end of last year my portfolio was down 350k. This year I am up 550k - go figure. Will update at the end of the 2023.

ReplyQuote
Roy khan
(@roy-khan)
Noble Member

Portfolio went from 25 thousand to 15 thousand but I am not selling I am buying.

Roy Khan

ReplyQuote
Darkness
(@darkness)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@roy-khan good for you. Panic is the enemy.

ReplyQuote
Nero Prakash
(@nero-prakash)
Famed Member

Posted by: @roy-khan

Portfolio went from 25 thousand to 15 thousand but I am not selling I am buying.

You are on the right track. You buy low and sell high. This is good common sense.

ReplyQuote
Sojourner
(@sojourner)
Famed Member

You are on the right track. You buy low and sell high. This is good common sense.

Wow! I learned something today. Are you related to Paul Krugman or Adam Smith?

ReplyQuote
Nero Prakash
(@nero-prakash)
Famed Member

Posted by: @sojourner

I am glad you did, and no, I am not related to those two.

ReplyQuote
Sojourner
(@sojourner)
Famed Member

I am glad you did, and no, I am not related to those two.

When I worked for a contractor as an IT employee, that contractor had a contract with Morgan Stanley and I worked for that contractor for 7 years at Morgan Stanley. This is not news to me, and besides who will buy high and sell low? You?

ReplyQuote
Nero Prakash
(@nero-prakash)
Famed Member

@sojourner, no, you prick. I said you buy low and sell high. I came across people who sold their stocks as soon as the stocks dropped in value. Even if you think that the company is going bankrupt you don't sell. It's only a thought. Do not perceive me to be what you are not and cannot ever become.

ReplyQuote
Sojourner
(@sojourner)
Famed Member

@sojourner, no, you prick. I said you buy low and sell high. I came across people who sold their stocks as soon as the stocks dropped in value. Even if you think that the company is going bankrupt you don't sell. It's only a thought. Do not perceive me to be what you are not and cannot ever become.

That's right. I am not dumb and stupid and don't want to be a dumb ass. I had my career, and that's why I am retiring comfortably. I am not stuck on money. I have spent a lot of my money on unfortunate kids in my family who are now responsible adults. I also gave some to nature charities. I am not a slave to money. I only need what is required for me and my wife to live comfortably. Got everything I wanted and needed.

ReplyQuote
Nero Prakash
(@nero-prakash)
Famed Member

That's right. I am not dumb and stupid and don't want to be a dumb ass. I had my career, and that's why I am retiring comfortably. I am not stuck on money. I have spent a lot of my money on unfortunate kids in my family who are now responsible adults. I also gave some to nature charities. I am not a slave to money. I only need what is required for me and my wife to live comfortably. Got everything I wanted and needed.

Fantastic.

ReplyQuote
Darkness
(@darkness)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Up 650k for the year, but as I said, I was down 350k last yr. My style of investing is high-risk and volatile.

ReplyQuote
Roy khan
(@roy-khan)
Noble Member

Down to 16 thousand from 25; thousand but I am buying 

Roy Khan

ReplyQuote
Darkness
(@darkness)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@roy-khan

Have you revisited your investment style, like do you need to tweak?

ReplyQuote
Roy khan
(@roy-khan)
Noble Member

No. I am still on long term value play based on mostly land and real estate with limited risk. One company that I am looking at is corus entertainment. It has a value play of 90 percent discount but right now it has over a billion dollars in debt with no dividends because they cut the dividend to pay off debt. So I am cautious because I like stocks who pay papa to keep them in his account.

Roy Khan

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: