Tesla  

Page 2 / 3

Darkness
(@darkness)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@abu

Congrats! 

You will never go back to ICE cars full-time.

ReplyQuote
Abu
 Abu
(@abu)
Honorable Member

2600 Km in five days costing about $150 in supercharging fees.  I never had range anxiety, nor any wait time at any stops.  I did notice considerable slowdown in charging speed as the number of cars being charged increased at the supercharger.

ReplyQuote
Darkness
(@darkness)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@abu

Very cool! I drove from Toronto to Lake Huron and back without charging - 430km. But there are super chargers out there also.

Now I am just holding my Tesla stocks. My only concern is China/Taiwan war.

ReplyQuote
Sojourner
(@sojourner)
Famed Member

Posted by: @darkness

@abu

Very cool! I drove from Toronto to Lake Huron and back without charging - 430km. But there are super chargers out there also.

Now I am just holding my Tesla stocks. My only concern is China/Taiwan war.

Looks like Tesla got competition. Toyota is manufacturing an EV that will go farther than Tesla on a single charge.

ReplyQuote
NOVA
 NOVA
(@nova)
Dreamer Admin

I always like Toyota. Still drives my 20 year old that still drives like a charm. Therefore I may be interested in how the Toyota turns out.

ReplyQuote
Darkness
(@darkness)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@sojourner

Competition have been coming and better for ten years now. Tell me when dem arrive! 🤣 

But seriously we need more electric cars to hasten the demise of ICE cars. It's good for the environment.

Sojourner liked
ReplyQuote
Sojourner
(@sojourner)
Famed Member

Posted by: @nova

I always like Toyota. Still drives my 20 year old that still drives like a charm. Therefore I may be interested in how the Toyota turns out.

I am a Honda man. My daughter, wife, and I have Hondas. Cheap and reliable.

ReplyQuote
Ray
 Ray
(@raymondo)
Member Admin

My son and I both have Hondas

Sojourner liked
ReplyQuote
Darkness
(@darkness)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@raymondo

• Tesla charging for one year-  190.00
  • Maintenance for one year - 0.00
  • Total cost of ownership - cheaper than a Honda 🙂

How are you bro?

ReplyQuote
Abu
 Abu
(@abu)
Honorable Member

Just filled up my 20 year old Toyota for $115, not too loyal anymore to the brand😁

ReplyQuote
NOVA
 NOVA
(@nova)
Dreamer Admin

Posted by: @abu

Just filled up my 20 year old Toyota for $115, not too loyal anymore to the brand😁

Bai Abu. That 115 can get you from Toronto to Quebec. Can the Tesla do that on the charge from home?

ReplyQuote
NOVA
 NOVA
(@nova)
Dreamer Admin

EV is the future and maybe the future is now but I don’t think I am able to deny the current limitations of them. Maybe the Toyota one will be able to have a range that imitates the gas guzzlers.

ReplyQuote
Abu
 Abu
(@abu)
Honorable Member

• @nova, as per my previous postings, I didn’t encounter any limitations.  Even the darn price of the car is cheaper than a Toyota.  However, I don’t anticipate that the car will last 20 years like my other Toyotas.

ReplyQuote
NOVA
 NOVA
(@nova)
Dreamer Admin

Posted by: @abu
  • @nova, as per my previous postings, I didn’t encounter any limitations.  Even the darn price of the car is cheaper than a Toyota.  However, I don’t anticipate that the car will last 20 years like my other Toyotas.

I do like the Tesla but I don't know if I am ready for it. Time will tell when I will.

ReplyQuote
Darkness
(@darkness)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@nova

You can't be ready cause: "Elon Musk Bad!"

BTW, twitter finally approaching break even for the first time with more than half the staff laid off and most traffic ever, go figure!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: